PR & Communications Manager
At Surkus, our mission is to create more meaningful connections between people and brands through memorable experiences in the real and digital worlds.
We are founded on a simple value exchange:
1. Our members get free access to paid events and digital offers from our partners.
2. Our partners receive meaningful engagement from their ideal audience that drives their business.
How it Works:
The Surkus platform utilizes a matchmaking algorithm to pair members with experiences suited to their interests, whether that be food & drink events, wellness festivals, concerts, fashion & beauty pop-ups, special online offers and much more. To claim their spot, members agree to perform actions defined by the experience provider, such as check-in, social post or provide feedback.
For partners, Surkus provides a completely hands-off automated tool that delivers attendance, purchase, awareness & engagement, social amplification, and insights into their target customers.
Our technology is powered by a group of driven, talented, and aspirational people who want to make a real impact worldwide. Surkus members have participated in 10,000+ events/experiences and we are scaling globally!
About the Position:
We're looking for a talented PR & Communications Manager with hands on experience working with key internal stakeholders to help us develop our brand positioning and reputation management.
What you’ll do:
- Understand business and marketing imperatives to align communications objectives.
- Outline copywriting strategy and develop continuity in the approach
- Disseminate important information for investor relations purposes
- Bridge the communication gap between our international offices and headquarters
- Plan, develop and implement PR strategies with agency
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles, speeches and keynote presentations
- Relationship building and networking with media and partners
- Leverage existing tech media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business, industry and lifestyle media
- Manage social media to engage audiences
- Preparation of media kits and marketing communication material
- Handle and field media enquiries
- Organize product press conferences/launch events
- Speak publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations
- Provide partners/media with information about new products, opportunities and current campaigns
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate media coverage and PR results
- Devise and coordinate photography sessions
What you’ll need:
- Proven 5-8 years working experience in public relations, tech or consumer industries preferred
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations
- Strong relationships with industry, media outlets and PR agencies.
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Experience in managing KOLs, Influencers and Social
- Possesses excellent verbal and communication skills
- Full understanding of media needs and media relations
- Strong command of English. Attention to detail, bilingual (English and Chinese) with good editorial skills
- Self-motivated and Team Player
- Good understanding of social media tools (eg. Facebook, Youtube, Instagram)
- Diploma/Degree in Marketing, Advertising/Media, Mass Communications or related discipline
- Thought Leadership
- Investor Relations
- Internal Communications
- Working with PR (Getting Placements, Quotes, Speaking Engagements)
- Content Writing
Perks and Benefits:
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days
- Meaningful stock options
- Amazing dog-friendly office in the heart of Santa Monica
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Team building events and happy hours
- Access to Surkus Events at some of the coolest and most exclusive venues