Business Development Director
Surkus is one of the fastest growing social applications in the world. With over 500,000 members globally, Surkus is rapidly growing and expanding in Hong Kong and APAC region. We're looking for ambitious, hungry people to scale a growth stage company in the region.
At Surkus, our mission is to create more meaningful connections between people and brands through memorable experiences in the real and digital worlds.
We are founded on a simple value exchange:
1. Our members get free access to paid events and digital offers from our partners.
2. Our partners receive meaningful engagement from their ideal audience that drives their business.
How it Works:
The Surkus platform utilizes a matchmaking algorithm to pair members with experiences suited to their interests, whether that be food & drink events, wellness festivals, concerts, fashion & beauty pop-ups, special online offers and much more.
To claim their spot, members agree to perform actions defined by the experience provider, such as check-in, social post, or provide feedback.
For partners, Surkus provides a completely hands-off automated tool that delivers attendance, purchase, awareness & engagement, social amplification, and insights into their target customers.
Our technology is powered by a group of driven, talented, and aspirational people who want to make a real impact worldwide. Surkus members have participated in 10,000+ events/experiences and we are scaling globally!
The Business Development Director is a critical part of our sales team and responsible for driving higher sales efficiency and productivity, increasing customer conversion rates, and relationship building. We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious and results-oriented individual. The right candidate will be a detail oriented energetic person with passion and innate drive to excel at any task.
As is typical with start-ups, this role goes beyond a traditional function – this person must have the ability to act independently in an unstructured environment, operate proactively and be deeply committed to our vision of connecting people with the experiences and companies that align with their interests.
Must be fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with the General Manager for overall strategies to close deals and grow each market
- Meet monthly and quarterly lead/sales objectives
- Manages sales reps to ensure goals are being met and clients are properly managed
- Generating and qualifying leads
- Develop and maintain close relationships with customers
- Providing consultation on the product
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the Surkus product and value proposition
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of sales processes
- Maintain communication with clients in a timely and thorough manner
- Regularly meet and coordinate with marketing, operations, and other teams
- Facilitate event creation on the Surkus platform
What You’ll Need:
- Strong client relationships in the HK market
- Experience in launching new Asian markets
- Positive start-up mindset, respects EVERYONE
- High activity prospecting into target accounts via email, cold call, and LinkedIn
- Network with potential prospects at hundreds of events
- Strong self-starter who is a team player and can work independently
- Detail oriented
- Passion for Surkus mission
- Salary: Competitive
- 10 days of annual leave + 10 days of working holiday
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision
- Stock options
- Opportunity to attend Surkus Events at some of the coolest and most exclusive venues