Director, Mobile Engineering (iOS & Android)
We are looking for a strong hands-on, Director, to lead our Mobile Application Engineering team located at our HQ in Santa Monica, CA. You and the team will own all aspects of our native apps feature set and delivery.
You will lead a team of 4 engineers for iOS and Android application development. You will partner closely with our SVP of Engineering and product to define and plan successful delivery of all our mobile initiatives. You will enjoy being a hands-on technical leader with past experience building native apps. You will spend a fair amount of your time in the code partnering with the team on architecture level design decisions, dealing with the unexpected and working cross-team to coordinate on new product features. As a manager, your goals are serving your team to work at optimal levels by providing individual mentorship and feedback, a focus on continuous productivity improvement, and building a culture of transparency, involvement and results. We seek a professional who can help align our team skill-sets to the appropriate capabilities. Allocating teams skills to the proper challenges coding simultaneously while providing hands on architecture work is the core function of this role.
What you'll do:
- Partner with SVP of Engineering, Product and other key business teams to prioritize work and craft amazing products and features.
- Manage the tactical strategy and planning to achieve frequent work and quarterly objectives.
- Hands-on mobile and server-side development. Your experience may be either Android or iOS. Server-side
- Exhibits passion that elevates and inspires when leading the team including hiring, managing performance and developing skill set of direct reports
- The ability to think logically and understand situations or problems by organizing or synthesizing information in a systematic way. It includes enthusiastically anticipating and identifying problems before they emerge, looking beyond symptoms to identify root causes, and developing alternative solutions.
- Be part of the Glassdoor engineering leadership team by supporting and initiating continual improvement to our overall system architecture, process and tools
What you'll need:
- 6+ years of software development experience building complex, popular mobile applications (you still love rolling up your sleeves and coding alongside your team).
- 3+ years of shown success leading, managing and hiring a team of hardworking engineers.
- Shown success project managing technical work in an agile environment
- Experience with automated testing frameworks used for Mobile applications.
- Experience partnering with various business units.
- Confident, professional, and effective communicator (both verbally and in written form) that can work with all levels and departments in an organization and get his/her point across in a concise, articulate, and congenial way.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science highly preferred
At Surkus, our mission is to create more meaningful connections between people and brands through memorable experiences in the real and digital worlds.
We are founded on a simple value exchange:
1. Our members get free access to paid events and digital offers from our partners.
2. Our partners receive meaningful engagement from their ideal audience that drives their business.
How it Works:
The Surkus platform utilizes a matchmaking algorithm to pair members with experiences suited to their interests, whether that be food & drink events, wellness festivals, concerts, fashion & beauty pop-ups, special online offers and much more. To claim their spot, members agree to perform actions defined by the experience provider, such as check-in, social post or provide feedback.
For partners, Surkus provides a completely hands-off automated tool that delivers attendance, purchase, awareness & engagement, social amplification, and insights into their target customers.
Our technology is powered by a group of driven, talented, and aspirational people who want to make a real impact worldwide. Surkus members have participated in 10,000+ events/experiences and we are scaling globally!
Perks and Benefits:
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days
- Meaningful stock options
- Amazing dog-friendly office in the heart of Santa Monica
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Team building events and happy hours
- Access to Surkus Events at some of the coolest and most exclusive venues