Email Marketing Manager
Surkus is looking for a design-driven and HTML/CSS savvy person to step into this crucial role and really own our email marketing strategy – from concept, to copywriting, to analytics and a/b testing. The ability to speak the marketing ops language on both the client and member side of the business is a must, as well as having the confidence to report on and present your work to any colleague or executive.
The email marketing manager will join the Marketing team and will report to the Director of Marketing. Our ideal candidate has previous experience managing large email lists, segmenting lists for various purposes and managing delivery in compliance with CAN-SPAM law, is analytically-minded, can report on performance metrics, and can think strategically about how they will maximize this key marketing channel.
We are a startup and invest in people who will take ownership to be successful in their role. You should be prepared to go the extra mile, and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, and always evolving company environment. As with all Surkus hires, we are looking for someone passionate who is collaborative, resourceful, team-oriented, and receptive to feedback.
- Craft new campaigns for client and member engagement
- Analyze, prioritize and refining current and future email strategy
- A/B testing of elements such as subject line, headline, copy, and design in Leanplum for existing and future emails- Develop and own existing nurture series. Ensure leads who are not yet ready to buy (or sign up) are being effectively nurtured with industry thought leadership, exciting app development news, and other types of content
- Build out our trigger-based retargeting email programs, including abandon sign-up after install
- List evaluation and cleanup, and implement additional strategies for list growth on client and user side
- Segment our database to make our marketing strategies more aligned with our future goals
- Identify gaps in our CRM database and areas that need improvement
- Work alongside the marketing team's graphic designer, copywriter, social media manager, and events marketing manager and cross collaborate with product, ops, and sales teams on a daily basis
At Surkus, our mission is to create meaningful connections that bring people and brands closer together. Using unique technology, the Surkus platform curates a targeted the ideal audience for client events - whether that be nightlife, comedy shows, classes, product launches or a digital campaign. In turn, Surkus members are invited to explore and discover these new brands and experiences, with invitations tailored just for them. Surkus reports on engagement and allows communication between clients and individuals before, during and after the campaign.
Our technology is powered by a group of driven, talented, and aspirational people who want to build products with real impact while obtaining rapid, exponential growth worldwide. Surkus has 500k+ members who have have earned millions in rewards to participate in 10,000+ events/experiences and we are scaling globally!
- Must have 2-3 years experience in a similar role, ideally at a digital agency or tech company
- Previously worked closely with social media management and SEO/SEM roles is a plus
- Exceptional creative, technical and analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of email marketing best practices and a/b testing methods
- Technical skills include working knowledge of HTML/CSS as it relates to email marketing, and prior work with platforms like Mailchimp, Leanplum, and Adobe Creative Suite are required
- Experience managing email strategy for B2B and B2C companies is a huge plus
- Paid health benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible vacation time
- Generous stock options
- Monthly company outings and team building activities
- Brand new office in the heart of Santa Monica
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly catered lunches
- Paid valet parking on-site
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play, including outside patio with ping pong table
- First access to all the awesome events on our platform