Business Development Manager - Santa Monica
At Surkus, our mission is to create more meaningful connections between people and brands through memorable experiences in the real and digital worlds.
We are founded on a simple concept:
1. Our members get free access to experiences that others pay for, along with exclusive digital offers.
2. In exchange, members agree to perform tasks defined by the experience or offer provider, such as check-in via the app, post on Instagram, upload a receipt image, or provide feedback.
How it works:
The Surkus platform utilizes a matchmaking algorithm to pair members with experiences suited to their interests, whether that be food & drink events, wellness festivals, concerts, fashion & beauty pop-ups, special online offers and much more.
For partners, Surkus provides an automated marketing solution that delivers awareness & engagement, attendance, purchase, social amplification, and deep insights into their target customers.
Our technology is powered by a group of driven, talented, and aspirational people who want to make a real impact worldwide. Surkus members have participated in 10,000+ events/experiences and we are scaling globally!
About You:The Business Development Manager is a critical part of our sales team and responsible for driving higher sales efficiency and productivity, increasing customer conversion rates, and relationship building. We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious and results-oriented individual. The right candidate will be a detail oriented energetic person with passion and innate drive to excel at any task. As is typical with start-ups, this role goes beyond a traditional function – the person must have ability to act independently in an unstructured environment, operate proactively and be deeply committed to our vision of connecting people with the experiences and companies that align with their interests.
- Experience working at a B2B or B2C mobile app (Must Have)
- Generating and qualifying leads
- Develop and maintain close relationships with customers
- Providing consultation on the product
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the Surkus product and value proposition
- Demonstrate clear understanding of sales processes
- Meet monthly and quarterly lead/sales objectives
- Maintain communication with clients in a timely and thorough manner
- Regularly meet and coordinate with marketing and other teams
- Work directly with head of sales for overall strategies to close deals and grow each market
- Facilitate event creation on the Surkus platform
- Excellent benefits, include health, dental, vision
- Meaningful stock options
- Amazing office in the heart of Santa Monica
- Paid parking spot at office
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Opportunity to attend Surkus Events at some of the coolest and most exclusive venues