Marketing Director - Hong Kong
At Surkus, our mission is to create more meaningful connections between people and brands through memorable experiences in the real and digital worlds.
We are founded on a simple value exchange:
1. Our members get free access to paid events and digital offers from our partners.
2. Our partners receive meaningful engagement from their ideal audience that drives their business.
How it Works:
The Surkus platform utilizes a matchmaking algorithm to pair members with experiences suited to their interests, whether that be food & drink events, wellness festivals, concerts, fashion & beauty pop-ups, special online offers and much more.
To claim their spot, members agree to perform actions defined by the experience provider, such as check-in, social post, or provide feedback.
For partners, Surkus provides a completely hands-off automated tool that delivers attendance, purchase, awareness & engagement, social amplification, and insights into their target customers.
Our technology is powered by a group of driven, talented, and aspirational people who want to make a real impact worldwide. Surkus members have participated in 10,000+ events/experiences and we are scaling globally!
About the Position:
As the Marketing Director, your focus will be on creating a strategy to establish and expand our brand identity in both the b2b and b2c arenas, as well as owning strategic and/or internal resources for paid user acquisition strategy. You will also be responsible for managing all aspects of branding and marketing campaigns, user acquisition, marketing operations, and for successfully building and leading a team of marketing experts to execute your vision.
- Oversee and execute B2C/B2B digital acquisition strategy across the APAC region
- Building brand and maintaining its integrity in-market
- Positioning of the brand and product in-market
- Support sales teams (materials development, event fulfillment campaigns, etc)
- Building an influencer network
- Building local Surkus social media presence
- Member engagement via regular email/newsletter campaigns
- Lead market in annual and quarterly planning, keeping track of budget, and reporting on marketing initiatives’ performance, with a focus on ROI & revenue growth
- Exercise a data-centric approach to gather customer/user insights and use data to improve future marketing campaigns and results.
- 5+ years in-house experience in B2B/B2C digital marketing, ideally with a widespread knowledge of the full marketing stack, including both creative/branding and user acquisition
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Extensive background owning both brand/creative and user acquisition initiatives in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience growing a brand and audience from scratch in a now high performing startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Who you are:
- Positive start-up mindset, respects EVERYONE
- Strong self-starter who is a team player and can work independently
- Passion for Surkus mission
Perks and Benefits:
- 10 days of annual leave + 10 days of working holiday
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision
- Meaningful stock options
- Opportunity to attend Surkus Events at some of the coolest and most exclusive venues
- Macbook Pro for work