Sales Development Representative
At Surkus, our mission is to create more meaningful connections between people and brands through memorable experiences in the real and digital worlds.
We are founded on a simple concept:
1. Our members get free access to experiences that others pay for, along with exclusive digital offers.
2. In exchange, Surkus members agree to perform tasks defined by the experience or offer provider (or partner), such as check-in via the app, post on Instagram, upload a receipt image, or provide feedback.
How it Works:
The Surkus platform utilizes a matchmaking algorithm to pair members with experiences or offers suited to their interests, whether that be food & drink events, wellness festivals, concerts, fashion & beauty pop-ups, special online offers and much more.
For partners, Surkus provides an automated marketing solution that delivers awareness & engagement, attendance, purchase, social amplification, and deep insights into their target customers.
Our technology is powered by a group of driven, talented, and aspirational people who want to make a real impact worldwide. Surkus members have participated in 10,000+ events/experiences and we are scaling globally!
Surkus is looking to hire a driven, creative, intuitive, detail oriented self-starter who will come to work in beast-mode every day. You will work in a collaborative environment with a great team of go-getters and be an integral part of our mission. If you are looking for a career in sales, this is your proving ground.
As a Sales Development Representative, you are the backbone in our revenue pipeline. You'll develop a tight partnership with your Account Executives, who rely on your tenacious drive to connect companies with innovative business solutions. You're the first point of contact for external executives to learn more about what Surkus can do.
What a day is like:
- Create sales target lists
- Qualify leads by outbound calling potential customers and converting incoming customer inquiries
- Schedule appointments and demos for Account Executives
- Hold intelligent and engaging conversations over the phone and email
- Act as the subject matter expert on Surkus offerings
- Work in a team based environment by collaborating with team on target accounts
- Develop new opportunities and activities at high levels within set territory/vertical
- Prospect at C-level, VP, and Director Levels
- Regularly attend, absorb and utilize on-line training and organized training throughout the year
- Utilize a variety of prospecting tools/programs to connect with the appropriate company stakeholders
You're perfect for this role if:
You're hungry for success. You collaborate with your team, and compete with yourself. You're willing to raise your hand when you need extra support, and are more than happy to provide support to your fellow teammates.
You must have:
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience of sales development, preferably with a startup
- Outbound calling experience in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership abilities
- Proven record of accomplishment and over-achievement of goals
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Experience using Salesforce and other Marketing CRM tools
- Expertise in email marketing
Nice to haves:
- Background in experiential event management, e-commerce, digital media
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days
- Meaningful stock options
- Amazing dog-friendly office in the heart of Santa Monica
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Team building events and happy hours
- Access to Surkus Events at some of the coolest and most exclusive venues