Business Development Manager
Surkus has 500k+ members who have have earned more than $5M in rewards to participate in 8,000+ events/experiences and we are scaling globally!
We recently closed our Series B and are set for explosive growth.
About You:The Business Development Manager is a critical part of our sales team and responsible for driving higher sales efficiency and productivity, increasing customer conversion rates, and relationship building. We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious and results-oriented individual. The right candidate will be a detail oriented energetic person with passion and innate drive to excel at any task. As is typical with start-ups, this role goes beyond a traditional function – the person must have ability to act independently in an unstructured environment, operate proactively and be deeply committed to our vision of connecting people with the experiences and companies that align with their interests.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Generating and qualifying leads
- Develop and maintain close relationships with customers
- Providing consultation on the product
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the Surkus product and value proposition
- Demonstrate clear understanding of sales processes
- Meet monthly and quarterly lead/sales objectives
- Maintain communication with clients in a timely and thorough manner
- Work closely with Client Success Manager to ensure goals are being met and clients are properly managed
- Set targets, develop strategies and goals for the Client Success Manager
- Regularly meet and coordinate with marketing and other teams
- Work directly with head of sales for overall strategies to close deals and grow each market
- Facilitate event creation on the Surkus platform
- High activity prospecting into target accounts via email, cold call, and LinkedIn
- Network with potential prospects at 100s of events throughout LA and our other markets across the US.
- Close deals by aggressively hustling beyond the normal 9-5 schedule
- Strong self-starter who is a team player and can work independently
- Detail oriented
- Passion for Surkus mission
- Excellent benefits, include health, dental, vision
- Meaningful stock options
- Amazing office in the heart of Santa Monica
- Paid parking spot at office
- Fully stocked kitchen & weekly catered lunch
- Opportunity to attend Surkus Events at some of the coolest and most exclusive venues
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!