Product Designer (UX/UI) - Santa Monica or Remote
Surkus is changing the way people discover and engage with brands and businesses through amazing experiences, and we need your help to make dreams a reality.
Okay, that’s a bit corny, but you get the idea. We’re hiring!
Currently, we’re looking for a Product Designer who is an absolute all-star when it comes to creating in the digital space. We’re talkin’ native mobile applications, responsive websites, web applications, and an intuitive grasp of basic design principles.
You can navigate Sketch and Figma with your eyes closed, and Principle is pretty much a close relative of yours. And if you know how to make things move nicely in After Effects—well, that’s just another reason for us to love you.
Basically, you’ve fallen so far down the product design rabbit hole, and there’s no turning back…
As far as your team goes, you’d be working with a strong (and fun) mix of product designers, product managers, engineers, and graphic designers. We set the bar very high and work hard to keep it that way. Good enough is simply not good enough—that’s the mindset we love to see. Collaboration is key and so is having an open mind when it comes to feedback and design challenges.
Now, let’s talk day-to-day..
This is a full-time position based in our brand new Santa Monica office but we’re open to remote candidates as well. What’s it like here? Well, we’re firm believers of bringing our dogs to work. We tend to embark on some rather entertaining company outings, host ping-pong tournaments on our outdoor terrace, and everyone loves our fully stocked kitchen. We also offer perks, like unlimited PTO and of course, medical insurance, dental, vision, stock options, and more.
Surkus is a company obsessed with building meaningful experiences, proper branding, and thoughtful strategy. If you share the same passions or think you can bring a thing or two to the table, let’s talk.
What you'll do:
- Ideate, strategize, concept, design, and produce high-quality work across web and mobile projects.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the the Product team and others.
- Present designs to stakeholders.
- Manage commitments and workload on a daily basis.
- Be proactive and lead junior team members by example.
- Inspire the team to push creative limits.
- Stay current with the latest digital and technology trends.
- Have fun and learn new things..
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Here’s the nitty gritty...
- 3+ years experience creating digital products, websites, mobile apps etc.
- Experience iterating on an existing product with an active member base.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch/Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Principle, Invision.
- General understanding of code and/or experience in After Effects is another major plus.
- Portfolio demonstrating solid digital design background. Understanding of user experience, user testing, visual design and typography.
- Interest in experimenting with new technologies; desire to learn things like motion and micro-interaction design.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting with strong project and time management skills.
- Ability to take design direction and work with input from developers, product managers, and our design director.
- Comfortably articulating and presenting creative ideas in front of the team.